Jeremy Michael Bausch Obituary, Moran Prairie Standoff Suspect Pointed Pistol At Law Enforcement, Threatened To Kill Mother

Screenshot 2023 04 15 01 29 12 793 com.kiwibrowser.browser

Jeremy Michael Bausch Obituary, Moran Prairie Standoff Suspect Pointed Pistol At Law Enforcement, Threatened To Kill Mother

Just after 10 p.m. Thursday night, Spokane County deputies were able to arrest a man they say pointed a pistol and “exchanged gunfire” with them.

The Spokane County Sheriff’s Office says the suspect, identified as Jeremy Michael Bausch was under surveillance for multiple incidents, including threatening to kill his own mother, according to mental health care workers.

A designated crisis response team notified deputies about Bausch, saying he was a danger to himself or others.

Deputies say they spoke to Bausch on Wednesday night, but when they revealed they were law enforcement, the suspect pulled out a pistol and pointed it at deputies, who then left the home to deescalate the situation.

Then on Thursday, undercover officers followed Bausch to the Safeway on 57th and Regal, with Spokane County Sheriff John Nowels saying he threatened people inside.

As officers followed him back to his house on S. Glenrose Road, deputies say Bausch and law enforcement exchanged fire.

“He heard something to the effect of ‘this is it’ and then he said he heard about six shots as he was heading into his garage,” said Rick Wika, relaying the message of his neighbor who lived two doors down from the incident.

Within minutes, deputies called in backup, and a SWAT Team quickly arrived on scene.

When those shots rang out, there were youth sports teams playing outside Moran Prairie Elementary, and it also caused Cub Scouts and people with YMCA Basketball to shelter inside the school.

“What I saw was police cars down there. They looked like the SWAT guys in black. They were climbing up on the roofs and had their long guns,” said Lisa Meiners, who lives in the neighborhood.

After deploying flashbang-style devices, deputies say Bausch came out of the home around 10 p.m., still uncooperative. He was tased, detained, and taken to the hospital for treatment of some injuries.

Spokane County’s Major Crime Unit developed probable cause to arrest Bausch for two counts of second-degree assault and obtained a warrant for his arrest, but it’s unclear why he wasn’t immediately detained when he left for the grocery store.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our Facebook Page for our News and stories but play nice. We won’t censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

Feel free to leave a message of condolences and prayers for the family and friends of the deceased in the comments section as it will go a long way for them during this difficult time.

Stay with for more updates


Leave a Reply