Mark Titley; Shrewsbury Paramedic Captured Stealing From Woman Just Minutes After She Died

Screenshot 2023 04 08 16 54 04 894 com.kiwibrowser.browser

Mark Titley; Shrewsbury Paramedic Captured Stealing From Woman Just Minutes After She Died

A paramedic in Shrewsbury, Shropshire was caught on camera attempting to steal some cash from an elderly patient just minutes after she died.

Mark Titley, 58, was one of four paramedics called to a 94-year-old woman’s home after she collapsed in her garden on 29 June 2022.

When the team arrived at Torrin Drive, the elderly woman who lived alone received CPR and advanced life support, but died about 20 minutes later.

Titley, who has since retired as a paramedic, then entered the house to try and find a Do Not Resuscitate form, when he came across a plastic box full of cash.

Likely believing he was out of sight, Titley, of Linley Avenue, Pontesbury, was filmed counting the cash and stuffing around £60 in his trouser pocket.

Before he can make off with the money, though, Titley spots the camera in the corner of the room and quickly replaces it.

At Shrewsbury Crown Court this Tuesday 4 April, Titley admitted to the theft.

He initially claimed to police that he had planned to give the money to the patient’s family members for them to keep safe.

When he saw footage of the theft, the late victim’s son claimed he felt ‘sick to [his] stomach.’

It wasn’t long before the CCTV footage of the incident started to spread online, leaving even more people at a loss for words.

“Why on earth would you do something like this especially in a position of trust,” asked one horrified viewer.

“Cameras need to be in all home care facilities,” insisted a second.

The West Midlands Ambulance Service has since confirmed that Titley no longer serves as a paramedic with them, and was stood down as soon as they became aware of the incident.

A statement from the chief ambulance officer Nathan Hudson read: “Our staff will be horrified that one of their former colleagues would do something like this.

“We hold a position of trust when we enter someone’s home and these sorts of actions rightly put a stain on all of our reputations which is deeply regrettable and makes it much harder for staff who are still working.”

Titley was handed an 18-week suspended jail sentence and ordered to carry out 120 hours of unpaid work and pay costs of £530 as well as a £187 victim surcharge.

Speaking to ITV News about Titley’s punishment, the victim’s son Mike Drage asked: “Does anybody think 120 hours community service is actually justice for this? This is not justice. I’m going to pursue this and I’m going to ask for the courts to reconsider their actions. That’s the only thing I can do.”

He added: “These people that within these organisations disgrace all their other workers is abhorrent.

“He’s disgraced his fellow workers. He’s disgraced the NHS. And he’s disgraced humanity in his actions.”

We welcome your comments and opinions on our Facebook Page for our News and stories but play nice. We won’t censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

Feel free to leave a message of condolences and prayers for the family and friends of the deceased in the comments section as it will go a long way for them during this difficult time.

Stay with for more updates


Leave a Reply